WhatsApp has recently rolled out several interesting features today. On 8 August, the company announced 7 prominent features on WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS as well as Desktop. According to information provided by WABetaInfo, the messaging platform will introduce features like Status reaction, login approval, and many more. It posted the update via a tweet that read:
“WhatsApp news of the week: status reactions! 7 features have been announced on WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, and Desktop!”
Here are the 7 prominent features that WhatsApp will launch very soon:
- According to WABetaInfo, WhatsApp will soon introduce an advanced feature to manage its storage. The online messaging platform will do so by bringing the old storage usage section from a different entry point.
WhatsApp Update on Group Participants:
- Currently, WhatsApp will roll out a section to view past group participants for some users using the latest WhatsApp beta for iOS updates. Users can discover people who have left or removed from the group in the past 60 days. This section is visible to all participants who have enabled it for their accounts. It is not limited to group admins and everyone can open the past participant’s section.
- WhatsApp will also launch past group participants to some Android beta testers. Additionally, as on WhatsApp beta for Android, the in-chat event that shows up when someone leaves a group is only visible to group admins, WABetaInfo informed.
Updates on Reactions
- The online messaging platform is also releasing status reactions on WhatsApp beta for Android. This feature will allow people to react to others’ status updates with one of the 8 available emojis. The available emojis are Smiling Face With Heart-Eyes, Face with Tears of Joy, Face with Open Mouth, Crying Face, Folded Hands, Clapping Hands, Party Popper, and Hundred Points.
- With respect to more information provided by WABetaInfo, WhatsApp will also release a tweaked version of the context menu on WhatsApp beta for Windows. The company will do so by including the spelling action.
- WhatsApp is working on a new security feature called login approval. This option will add an extra layer of security to your WhatsApp account. However, this feature is under development and will be available in the future.
- Lastly, WhatsApp is developing an option that lets community members toggle phone number sharing. This feature will allow users to choose who can see their phone number in a certain sub-group of a community.