The Xiaomi Mi Band 5 fitness bracelet, which is the successor to the very popular Mi Band 4 with a larger screen and magnetic charging, has received a firmware update with new functions.
The Mi-Band series of fitness trackers is Xiaomi’s best-selling line of wearable products. Therefore, the company actively supports these trackers by adding new features. Firmware update 22.214.171.124 brings three new features.
First, the new firmware provides support for 24/7 sleep monitoring. This makes Xiaomi Mi Band 5 officially the first bracelet in the series to feature this functionality. Second, the update supports four new languages, namely Indonesian, Greek, Vietnamese, and Hebrew.
The third feature is exclusive to the Chinese version of the bracelet and offers support for four new transport cards (Yongchengtong, Shengjingtong, Harbin Citytong, Dalian Pearl).
To update the Mi Band 5 to the latest firmware, users need to update the Mi Fit app to version 4.8.0. Then open the application to start the update installation process. Otherwise, go to Mi Band 5 or Mi Smart Band 5 in the My devices section and click Check for updates.
XIAOMI MI BAND 5 SPECIFICATIONS
- 11-inch 24-bit AMOLED color touchscreen (126 x 294 pixels) with brightness up to ≥ 450 nits, scratch-resistant 2.5 D glass, AF coating
- Show weather, steps, heart rate, activities, weather, app notifications, calls, and more
- Photoplethysmography (PPG) / heart rate sensor
- 24-hour sleep tracking, fitness tracking, sedentary reminder
- 11 sport modes (outdoor running, walking, cycling, indoor running, swimming, sports, indoor cycling, elliptical, jump rope, yoga, rowing machine)
- PAI health analysis, Women’s health monitoring: menstrual cycle,
- Triaxial accelerometer + triaxial gyroscope, capacitive wear monitoring sensor, pressure evaluation, breathing training, remote shutter control
- Xiao Ai voice assistant (NFC model)
- 50 meters waterproof
- Bluetooth 5.0 LE, NFC (optional)
- Dimensions: 47.2 x 18.5 x 12.4 mm; Weight: 11.9g / 12.1g (NFC)
- 125 mAh battery with a battery life of up to 14 days in typical mode, 20 days in long battery mode
Mi Band 5 has a 1.1-inch dynamic AMOLED color touchscreen with a resolution of 126 x 294 pixels. The current generation offers a screen 20% larger than its predecessor. It also comes with Personal Activity Intelligence that tracks all activity and has a smart algorithm, depending on the brand. For those of you who don’t know, PIA uses heart rate data to inform users of the target activity level they need to stay healthy.